How To NOT Use a Medical Photo
January 31, 2012 § 7 Comments
This is the official poster for the the 19th Workshop of the International Society for the Study of Vascular Anomalies (ISSVA). What on earth were they thinking?
- Did the parents of this child agree to their child being used on a poster in this way?
- Did they know ISSVA would choose a photo were their child looks frightened?
- Did they know ISSVA would make the poster the shape of their child’s head?
- Did they know ISSVA would desaturate everything but their child’s hemangiomas?
- Did they know ISSVA would put text all over their child’s face?
- Even if they knew and agreed to all of the above, why did ISSVA use the photo like this?
Beside being a bad photo, I find this a very disrespectful use of a medical photograph.