February 21, 2008 § 6 Comments
The last three years I’ve been working on a large project to document cancer diagnostics and treatment. With only one year left of the project I wanted to make a list of all the procedures I’ve filmed so far.
Probably not interesting to anyone but myself, but it’s my blog and I’ll list if I want to.
I’m currently working on sarcomas, skin cancer and melanoma, so those lists are still short. I’m starting on tumors of the liver, pancreas and other endocrine organs later this year. I have filmed a laparoscopic adrenalectomy, though.
Listed alphabetically by body location/system.
- Axillary lymph node dissection
- Expander implants
- Pleural effusion aspiration
- Prophylactic bilateral mastectomy
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Silicone implants
- Stereotactic core needle biopsy
- Ultrasound guided core needle biopsy
- Ultrasound guided FNA biopsy
- Wire localization
- Awake craniotomy
- Craniotomy with neuranavigation
- Midfacial degloving
- Resection of spinal tumor
- Stereotactic biopsy
- Transphenoidal resection of pituitary gland tumor
- Adrenalectomy (laparoscopic)
- Abdominoperineal resection
- Esophageal resection
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC)
- Lower anterior resection with total mesorectal excision
- Preoperative stoma placement
- Total gastrectomy
- Cervical conization
- Hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy (open and robot assisted laparoscopic)
- Omentectomy (open and robot assisted laparoscopic)
- Radical hysterectomy (open and robot assisted laparoscopic)
- Paraortic lymph node dissection (robot assisted laparoscopic)
- Pelvic exenteration
- Pelvic lymph node dissection (open and robot assisted laparoscopic)
Head and neck tumors
- Laryngopharyngectomy with jejunum graft reconstruction
- Mandibulectomy with fibular graft reconstruction
- Neck lymph node dissection
- Partial horisontal mandibular resection
- Total thyroidectomy
- Ultrasound guided needle core thyroid biopsy
- Voice prosthesis placement
Leukemia and lymphoma
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy
- Lumbar puncture
- Neck lymph node FNA biopsy
- CT guided FNA biopsy
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Extirpation of liposarcoma of the vastus medialis femoris
- Extirpation of synovial sarcoma of the elbow
- Radical hysterectomy for uterine sarcoma
Skin cancer and melanoma
- Inguinal lymph node dissection
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT)
- Bilateral orchiectomy (prostate cancer)
- Cystectomy with Bricker-type urinary diversion
- Cystectomy with Studer’s ileal neobladder
- Cystoscopy with PDD
- Nephroureterectomy (Wilm’s tumor)
- Orchiectomy (testicular cancer)
- Partial nephrectomy (laparoscopic)
- Partial penectomy
- Pelvic lymph node dissection (laparoscopic)
- Radical prostatectomy (open and robot assisted laparoscopic)
- Retroperitoneal lymph node dissection
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP)
- Transurethral resection of the bladder (TURB)
can i archive your list?
Just bear in mind that this is not in any way a complete list of cancer related procedures. Just the ones I’ve been filming.
You are making a fantastic contribution to cancer information!
Will the films be available through your blog?
Most of the films are, or will be available at http://www.oncolex.no.
Currently only in Norwegian, but English versions are underway.
[…] a personal note: Marisa has actually commented The Sterile Eye once. Not […]